Wool carpet cleaning can be a daunting task and between cleans, they’re not exactly the easiest thing to care for! Woollen carpets are often expensive, and if not cleaned properly, they can quickly become stained and matted. To help you out, today we’re going to go over 9 tips you can use to keep your wool carpets looking fantastic for longer!
- Vacuum Regularly: Vacuuming wool carpets regularly is one of the most important steps in keeping them clean. Aim to vacuum at least once a week, paying special attention to high-traffic areas and spots where spills may occur.
- Spot Clean Immediately: Spills should be dealt with right away. Blot the area gently with a clean cloth and then use wool-safe cleaners if necessary. Don’t rub or scrub, as this can damage the wool fibres.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: When it comes to wool carpet cleaning, harsh chemicals can do more harm than good. Instead, stick to wool-safe detergents that are designed specifically for wool carpets and upholstery.
- Don’t Over Wet: When spot-cleaning wool carpets, be sure not to add too much water or detergent. Too much moisture can damage wool fibres and cause them to stain more easily.
- Use a Carpet Sweeper: Lightly sweeping wool carpets with a carpet sweeper is another great way to keep them looking their best. This will help remove any dust or dirt that has become embedded in the wool fibres, which can cause staining over time if left unchecked.
- Place Mats at Entrances: Placing mats at all entrances of your home is also a good idea when it comes to wool carpet cleaning and maintenance. This will help trap dirt, moisture and mud before it has a chance to enter the carpet, ultimately keeping your wool carpets looking cleaner for longer.
- Use Non-Slip Padding: For extra protection, consider using non-slip padding underneath wool carpets. This will help reduce slippage and prevent damage caused by frequent foot traffic.
- Regularly Brush: Brushing wool carpets regularly with a stiff brush or broom can help keep the wool fibres smooth and free of debris like dust and pet hair. It’s also important to keep wool rugs off the floor while brushing, as this prevents them from being damaged by heavy furniture or other items that might be on top of them.
- Professional Cleaning: Finally, professional wool carpet cleaning is recommended at least once every 12-18 months to ensure your wool carpets remain looking their best. This will help extend the life of your wool carpets and keep them looking beautiful for many years to come.
Following these simple tips can help keep your wool carpets looking fresh and clean for many years to come!